What Causes Chronic Tooth Pain?June 26, 2022 5:15 am
Are you struggling with chronic toothaches? There are many factors that could be causing your pain and it’s important to get down to the bottom of it. The sooner chronic tooth pain is addressed, the less likely you are to have long-term, costly damage.
Common Causes of Tooth Pain
The cause of your toothache could be a variety of things. Some of the most common causes of tooth pain include:
- Lodged food debris – Food particles can get trapped between teeth, causing pain and discomfort
- Bacterial infection – A tooth infection can result in a buildup of pus and debris that causes pressure, discomfort, and damage
- Broken tooth – If you have a cracked or chipped tooth, bacteria may be able to access the sensitive inside of your tooth, causing irritation and pain
- Damaged tooth restoration – A broken crown, filling, or bridge can irritate the surrounding teeth and gums
- Dental trauma – A ball or elbow to the mouth can cause dental injury and chronic tooth pain
- Tooth decay – Weakened enamel and cavities allow your tooth nerve to become easily irritated by foods and beverages that are hot, cold, acidic, sugary, or sour
Treating Chronic Tooth Pain
Don’t settle for a smile that’s riddled with pain! No matter what’s causing your tooth pain, there is a wide range of treatment options available to help alleviate the discomfort.
At your consultation, your dentist will evaluate your oral health history, teeth, and gums. They will determine the source of your pain and the appropriate treatment option, such as removing stuck food debris, repairing a tooth restoration, performing a root canal, or something else.
Schedule Your Dental Visit!
Dealing with severe tooth pain? Our team would love to help you regain great oral health and stomp out chronic tooth pain once and for all. Our team offers comprehensive dental treatments and compassionate care in Shoreline, WA. Please contact our office to schedule an appointment!
Categorized in: Oral Health